I was recently nominated for the Liesbster Blog Award by the lovely Grace from Handmade. Homemade. I was pleasantly surprised and very flattered. I think it is awesome to support fellow bloggers. The craft community is such a great and supportive community. I have made some amazing friends online and in real life thanks fo crafting.
Now on to business….
Liesbster Blog Award Rules:
1. Nominees must link back to the blogger who awarded them
2. Write 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
4. Nominate 11 new blogs that has less than 200 followers
5. Ask them 11 new questions
11 Facts About Me
1. I was born and raised in Philadelphia, PA, but have lived in California since 2008.
2. I have a Bachelors in Fine Arts with a focus in Graphic Design. I knew it was not for me during my senior year. Once in awhile I use my degree.
3. I love Asian culture, especially Japanese and recently Korean. I take a lot of inspiration from their culture. In college I studied Japanese, however, I can’t remember most of what I learned. Just randomly stuff. I watch Korean music shows weekly. My favorite food switches between Japanese, Vietnamese, and Korean BBQ, except when it Italian.
4. I have been exposed to sewing since forever because my mom was a sewist. However, I did not start sewing until after I graduated from college. I was inspired to learn after seeing someone wearing the same outfit as me.
5. I have been coming up with clothing designs for years. Most of my designs were not American street ready designs, they probably would make great cosplay costumes.
6. When I was younger I wanted to be a chef, but since I am not a fan of heat, I opted not to go to culinary school. I do still consider myself a good cook and also a good baker.
7. I am most proud of my mini tailored jacket that I made last year. It was a lot of work and I picked up a lot of skills. It was not perfect but it came out very well.
8. My first sewing projects were armwarmers and legwarmers, that I made on a chain stitch toy sewing machine.
9. I can consider myself a bit of a geek. My dvds are mostly sci-fi, anime, fantasy. My favorite are shows like BSG, Spaced, IT Crowd and Firefly. I watch those shows A LOT. I aslo have comics and graphic novels in my mini library. And to top it off, I have anime plushes and a talking & singing Boo Doll from Monsters Inc.
10. I do not own a lot of shoes. Most of the time I wear sneakers. My feet are wide and most nice shoes do not come in wide, which means I usually kick my shoes off after several hours when I do wear some shoes.
11. I have “published” a book with my photography. It is a collection of work I did over the years starting in college.
Questions from Grace:
- What’s the best book you’ve read in the past few months? In the past few months I guess I would have to say that the best book I read was Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore.
- Who is your favorite actor or actress? My favorite actor is Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I have liked him since 3rd Rock from the Sun. He has a very special place in my heart since I saw him in Brick. I like that he picks very interesting roles and its nice to see him getting more exposure.
- What’s your favorite thing you’ve made, cooked or baked in the past few months? My favorite thing I made is my final project in my flat pattern-making class. Its a great dress and can not wait to share it with everyone.
- What’s the most special piece of clothing you own? Why do you love it? I think that might be my black hoodie. I pretty much were it everyday unless it needs to be washed. When I can not wear it I get cranky a little when I realized that I will not be leaving the house with it on. I love it because it is a great basic clothing item.
- Do you have any family heirlooms? I do not have any family heirlooms, sadly.
- What do you do to relax? I take naps or curl up on the couch and watch Korean Music Shows. Yes, I do sing (mostly random sounds and the English words) along and dance to the music
- What’s your ideal/ fantasy vacation? Probably to travel around Asia and some of Europe
- Have you made any new family or personal traditions recently?To read the Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore every Holiday Season. Can’t resist reading about about zombies, creepy angels and the x-mas
- What’s your favorite creative outlet? Sewing and coming up with clothing designs. Since I can not sew at work,I tend to leave little doddles on post-its around my desk.
- What’s one aspect of yourself that makes you really proud? That I am very resourceful. Especially when I have access to the internet. I can find out a lot of information very easily.
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Pattern-maker/fashion designer, which happens to be exactly what I am working on becoming.
Here are the blogs I would like to nominate
My 11 Questions:
1. What is your favorite part about blogging?
2. What is your favorite type of food?
3. What was the most embarrassing outfit or item of clothing/accessory you have wore in your life?
4. What song do you currently have on repeat?
5. I scream, you scream, we all scream for _____?
6. What is your 9-5 job?
7. If you could go back to any time in history when would that be and why?
8.Who is your favorite blogger?
9. Do you have any goals for 2013?
10. What hobby takes up most of your attention?
11. What is your favorite book that you can read over and over again?
I look forward to reading the post from the bloggers that I nominated for the Liebster Blog Award. Again,thank you Grace for nominating me for the award.