Nothing really new to update in my little sewing world. I have not touched my sewing machine in a couple of weeks. I’ve been dealing with a lot of annoying personally things in my life. Things have been stressful and by the time I get home I am bushed or it is late. I have drafted a bodice and skirt for myself, but I do need to get it fitted correctly. My curves have their own agenda.
Anyway, I was up in LA a few weeks ago and headed over to the fashion district to do some mini-shopping and here’s some of the things I purchase.
Stripped Knits from The Loft to make skirts. Stretched lace to make lingerie.
Polka dot mystery fabric from a self-made dress. Cream lace, cream powernet, polka dot mesh and chocolate eco cotton for lingerie.
Red and cream edge elastic, bundle of shoulder straps and fold-over elastic.
I think I spent $5 on the shoulder straps and $10 on the fold-over elastic. Hopefully, I will use all those straps. lol
I also bought a hip curve and 2 french curves. I was well-behaved at The Loft, mainly because I wasn’t in the mood to be diving into fabric. I am super happy I found fabric very close to what I envisioned. I know I wanted polka dot and I did not want a natural color. So score. Over a good trip.
Since I really enjoyed answering the questions and reading the answers to my questions from the Leibster Award, I decided to answer my own questions, so you all could get to know me a little more.
1. What is your favorite part about blogging? My favorite part about blogging I would have to say is the people. You guys are awesome. It is especially nice to know people who are passionate about fabric and pattern. My other friend’s thinks I am a little crazy. I am, but not really.
2. What is your favorite type of food? This week Korean BBQ.
3. What was the most embarrassing outfit or item of clothing/accessory you have worn in your life? When I was in Elementary School, I thought it would be cool to wear my jeans on backwards like KrisKross. To be honest, I am not as embarrassed about it like I should be.
4. What song do you currently have on repeat? Right now I am obsessed with Icona Pop. They are a Swedish dj, pop duo with electro house, punk and indie pop influences. I would love to see them live especially when they have their DJ equipment setup.. Amazing. I came across them via Pandora on the f(x) station. Icona Pop’s song Good For You stays stuck in my head like all the time now. I love the layering. The layers remind me of a song I mixed. Yes I have mixed a song (work in progress), if you want to hear it just let me know.
5. I scream, you scream, we all scream for _____? COOKIES. I am a cookie addicted.
6. What is your 9-5 job? I work for a company that is planning to change the automotive industry. My job title is Administrative/Purchasing Assistant. I am also the assistant to the CEO. I wear many hats. I have been working their for 4 years.
7. If you could go back to any time in history when would that be and why? I think I would go back to Victorian times. Probably because I do enjoy steampunk but also I like Victorian Architecture.
8.Who is your favorite blogger? This is too easy, Oona from Oonaballoona of course. Following shortly behind, Lauren from Lladybird. I am sure you all know who these two ladies are and clearly know why I love their blogs.
9. Do you have any goals for 2013? Make self-draft clothing for myself, finished the tailored jacket for my best male friend and make a lot of bras.
10. What hobby takes up most of your attention? Sewing, if sleeping does not count.
11. What is your favorite book that you can read over and over again? So, in case you have not notice. I am a big fan of Christopher Moore. He is not for everyone. I enjoy dark humor and he has made me randomly burst out laughing in public. It also helps that he is a really nice guy in real life, that remembers some of his fans. The book I can read over and over again from him is Dirty Job.
Well, it is passed my bedtime and I have to try to be really clever, so I can get an apartment. Everyone clearly wants what I want, so I have to outsmart them. Go figure.
Some Live Icona Pop
I just love watching these ladies do their thing. I have a soft spot for djs especially female djs. I spent a big chuck of my early to middle 20′s around djs. I really love how they experiment with sound.